Why makeup? An Explanation.

Hey Guys!!!
Whats new with you?
Life has been slowing down for me recently, and I'm really glad. In this post I want to talk about my thoughts on makeup and beauty, and also give an explanation of why I'm so into it. So here it goes...
    I don't look at makeup as a way to improve myself. I see my face as a blank canvas, and makeup as the way to express myself on that canvas. I don't want to cover myself up, I do makeup for the self expression it allows me. The freedom to do what I want with my face. To then be able to take it off when I'm done, not having to store the finished look. There's a lot about makeup that appeals to me. I don't do it for the stereotypical reasons of being insecure in my own skin, or wanting to look perfect. I like art. Makeup is an art. For me it's fun, a way to express myself, and a huge stress reliever. For me I feel more confident in no makeup with a messy bun than I do in full makeup with my hair down. It's just who I am. But I love it anyway. Some people don't understand or accept that, putting pressure on me to fit in, to do makeup the "right way", or not do makeup at all. I want to be able to share my love of makeup with other people. I don't think that makeup improves your beauty. I think that beauty isn't about how others perceive you, but about how God sees you. God sees us as beautiful, when we believe that I think it shows. That's my opinion, it's okay if we don't agree, but before I got too far into my blog I wanted to tell you my opinions and feelings, so we can be on the same page.
     I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did feel free to comment, and follow this blog if you like what you see.
 Until next time, Bye!!!
(Waves from behind screen.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts