The Truth About Living With Chronic Illness (My Experience with SIBO)

Hey guys!
Starting this week I'm going to try out doing lifestyle type posts on Mondays and Makeup posts Thursdays. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this post and gain a bit of insight on what it's been like for me living with Sibo. This post is not exactly been a happy one experience wise, but my hope is that if you are struggling in your life right now that it will encourage you. Sometimes posts like this make me thaink about the fact that other people struggle with this too, and I'm not alone. That is my hope for those of you who are going through stuff in your life right now, God has been good to me through this, and I hope that me sharing my experiences will give you guys hope. It was good for me to be able to voice my opinions on this for other people to be able to see.
       I was diagnosed with Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) several months before my 14th birthday. It's been over a year. With SIBO, some days are better than others. As a general rule I'm pretty much always in pain, my body will randomly start rejecting certain foods, I'm always bloated. I struggle through a lot of things that would be easy for a normal, healthy person.
       Most of the people in my life don't know I'm struggling. I prefer it that way. I hate when people know that I'm struggling with life. I'm one of those people who could be in so much pain that I throw up, then come out of the bathroom and act like nothing happened. Sometimes when I'm having a particularly bad day with a lot of pain I act really sarcastic, and can come off really mean. I don't mean to be, but when I'm hyper-focused on how I feel I lose a lot of my good filter, and my thoughts start getting filtered by my internal pain.
       One of the thing that I dislike most about having SIBO and interacting with people are the conversations where they realize all the things they enjoy, that I can't have. I really don't like it when I tell people I can't have Milk, and they ask me why, like it was a choice. (Here I would like to give a shout out to all the amazing people in my life who've come to my rescue during one of those conversations, I appreciate you guys.)  It always makes me feel kind of inferior when people tell me that they could never live that way, or act like I'm a freak because I live, everyday of my life, with a chronic illness that I can't control.
       If you enjoyed hearing some of my thoughts on what it has been like living with Sibo, or if you would be interested in hearing more about Sibo diets, information, or anything like that please comment down below. I would be happy to do more posts on my experience with all of that. And, if you enjoy my content please follow my blog to hear more from me.
Until next time, Bye!
(Waves from behind screen!)

Comments

Popular Posts